- Project Details
- Simulation Parameters
- Calculated Parameters
This project calculates the flow profile of a Rao thrust-optimized supersonic nozzle. The simulation domain is axisymmetric about the center axis in the flow direction. The nozzle mesh is dynamically generated based on defined inlet and throat radii, stagnation conditions, and the desired back pressure. Furthermore, the fluid properties can be specified through the molecular weight and heat capacity ratio. The simulation is laminar and uses a compressible solver.
|published||29 May 2015|
|tags||nozzle, rao, rocket, parabolic, contour, axisymmetric, laminar, compressible, sonicFoam|
Archiving Terms and Conditions
- Archiving cannot be undone.
- Archived projects are publicly accessible from the EnGen homepage, and the permanent link to the project page can be used in a publication, manuscript, or on-line post.
- Archived projects cannot be changed to preserve their results; however, registered users are free to copy the project to their personal directories to make changes.
- Any site visitor (registered or not) can view the project parameters and access the results. Warning: the project privacy settings no longer apply.
- EnGen reserves the right to remove archived projects at our discretion.
Colin McRae, "Supersonic Nozzle," ThinkSOLN EnGen [online database], 2015, https://engen.thinksoln.com/projects/2015/qaDgjRmx.